Monday, January 19, 2009

New Boots


As a U2 fan I've had a very exciting day. 


Early this morning (2:10 AM to be precise) I was one of the first fans to snatch up the group's new single, "Get On Your Boots," when iTunes jumped the gun and released the song before its highly anticipated Irish radio premiere.

The download lasted 4-5 seconds and, a full hour before I anticipated hearing the first notes of the song over the radio, the drum roll and gritty guitar opening of 'Boots' roared out of my speakers.

On first listen I was underwhelmed; I expect a lot from these guys...too much.

But it has been my growing appreciation of the tune that's got me excited for the full album coming this March. U2 is not merely a band that puts out records, they're a group that excels during live performances, in remixes, and every subsequent time you pick up their CDs. 

Curious for a VERY different U2 jam and the kind of tune you won't catch on the radio these days? Check out the new single.

0 comments:

Back to TOP